Welcome to Andavadock (sic),
You might be in for a bit of a shock.
I’m not going to talk about mozzies nor deet, Instead here’s a kelikely poem all about feet.
Doc says no diving! and keep it clean!
You take no notice and think she’s mean!
What does she know about diving?
She’s never been!
Doesn’t she know there’s things to be seen?
The hole is getting bigger now,
“Please no diving”, from the doc, oh she’s a cow.
What does she know? the sea is blue,
I don’t think she’s got a clue!
It’s getting sore and the hole is growing,
And from the centre the pus is flowing.
Oh my goodness, doc was right,
What a truly horrendous sight.
Dancing in the Epi bar all night long,
I knew it was wrong;
Especially as my bandage didn’t last very long.
Antibiotics prescribed by the doc,
Who would have thought all this from kicking a rock?
Red line appearing, I know it’s too late, There it is again. that word. EVACUATE!!!
Let me stay. please, please, please,
But the infection is spreading up to my knees!
I leave Andavadoaka before the end,
And so please pass on this story, my friend.
As you are here, you never met the same fate, Because you guys never left it too late.
And you are the last ones here to survive , On EXPEDITION 35.
Written by Charlie (Field Scientist) and Becks (BV Medic)
- Some contributions from two of our new volunteers, Lexa and Stephen Lexa’s update: What an amazing first six days at Andavadoaka!...
- 4th September, First impressions from some of Blue Ventures current volunteers Carla Reardon:I’ve been here for just shy of 3 weeks...
- What the Volunteers Have to Say: Hello again from sunny Andavadoaka! Today we have a blog...
- Blue Ventures Honoured by Responsible Tourism Awards for Work with Volunteers in Madagascar Blue Ventures was honoured yesterday by the First Choice Responsible...
- Blue Ventures’ Volunteers Come to the Small Screen Here’s your chance to see Blue Ventures and its work...