During 2006, we are delighted to be able to offer a programme of survey expeditions to the West coast of Scotland, in partnership with the Marine Conservation Society, The Sealgair Trust and Scottish Natural Heritage.
The expeditions will aim to explore previously undived areas of the stunningly beautiful Hebridean Islands, mapping areas of the region’s marine environment as part of the national Seasearch monitoring programme. This trip is truly a first-of-its-kind experience:
- Expeditions will sail around the most beautiful coastline on earth
- Escape the crowds – wilderness diving at its very best
- Regarded as a mecca for sports diving enthusiasts
- Impressive range of habitats and species – porpoise, minke whales, other cetaceans and basking sharks common
- Luxury 46ft Oyster yacht as base
- Unspoilt natural reefs, diving in previously unrecorded sites
- Volunteers will be directly involved in collecting scientific data for conservation planning and management here in the UK
- The results will be presented, by expedition participants themselves, directly to local communities during each expedition
- All expeditions are entirely non-profit
These trips are so unique that they’re being subsidised by Scottish National Heritage (and others) to help keep prices down and give more people the chance to participate.
Find out more and book online at:
Or email Al Harris for more info.